We Provide Lessons and Gear Rental for Kiteboarding Near St Kilda
If you love adventure and water sports, few things could compare to hitting the open water on a summer’s day. Anybody who desires to participate can do kiteboarding near St Kilda. However, you will require some lessons and the correct gear to head out. If you’re unsure about what to do, that’s what The Zu Kite Club is here for. We offer lessons and the ideal equipment for you to go to St Kilda for kitesurfing.
Everything You Should Know About Melbourne Kitesurfing
There’s no doubt that St Kilda kiteboarding is one of the coolest sports you can do in the water. This activity relies on the wind, the board, and the kite to propel you across the water. Even though its name suggests that you need to hit the surf, you can enjoy this sport in a flat lagoon or choppy waters. You can have heaps of fun with the sport when you master different levels, and if you’d like to start this as a hobby, you must be aware of these details.
- The first step that you need is to be able to swim since most people will take some time to become confident with kite control and riding the board. You don’t have to be super-fit to enjoy kiteboarding, nor do you need heaps of muscles since the equipment is relatively light. Still, you’d need to be in a generally good physical condition to progress faster and avoid injuries.
- As is the case with any new sport, you must have a few beginner lessons to ensure that you know what to do when you’re on the water. Failing to understand the essentials can be potentially dangerous to yourself and the people around you. Furthermore, you must use quality equipment along with floatation vests and helmets when you’re starting.
- When selecting a kit for hire, bear in mind that there are various types to suit different skill levels and wind conditions. Since you may progress faster than you anticipate, we suggest having a supervised rental initially until you can ride independently. It makes sense to rent the gear as you require, which is a cost-effective option.
- As a beginner, trusting the kite and gear may be your first hurdle to overcome, but with good lessons, you’ll learn to squash the nerves and be comfortable. The next step is controlling the kite in various conditions and getting up and staying on the board, which will take time, patience, and determination. When your instructor says you’ve reached a level of independence is the only time you should attempt kiteboarding alone near Melbourne.
Why Trust The Zu Kite Club for Kitesurfing Near Melbourne?
We’re one of the leading kitesurfing clubs in the area. Our goal is to develop our kitesurfing community by providing first-rate lessons and affordable rental prices for kiteboarding enthusiasts. We have a growing team of instructors who can teach anyone from 9 or 10 year olds, all the way up to people in their 80s.
- The gear we have for hire is available as a complete set for either three or six hours or if you feel that you’re not ready to be independent, we can allocate one of our staff members to be on hand if you require our assistance. We provide the most up-to-date equipment from North Kiteboarding and our Melbourne kiteboarding hire includes the kite, board, vest, wetsuit, helmet, bar and harness.
- In terms of the lessons we offer, there are multiple options to suit different skill levels. If you have experience with the sport, you can take advantage of the Flex lesson, which is two hours long and ideal for a refresher. However, if you’re a beginner, we suggest the Full course, which is six hours long and will teach you everything from setting up the kite to riding the board.
- People who don’t live nearby may want to learn everything they can in a day, so we offer the Riding in One Day course, which totals seven hours of lessons including lunch and coffee. Our additional courses include Kite Foiling and Advanced Riding lessons, which include big air, freestyle, directional boards, etc.
About The Zu Kite Club
We’re a handful of people who are passionate about kiteboarding, with a wealth of knowledge and experience, who have come together to create our own kite school. Our staff are friendly and welcoming to everyone.
We have plenty of availability, so we encourage you to contact us to book your lesson and hire the equipment for kiteboarding near Melbourne.