All of our instructors are Kiteboarding Australia (KA)/ International Kiteboarding Organization (IKO) certified instructors. We are proud of all of our instructors, they are safety conscious, fun, skilled, and absolutely fantastic (that’s why they work with us)! At The Zu, we put a lot of time and effort in ongoing instructor training and their individual level of riding.
We also offer Head Instructor Lessons. The Zu Kite Club Directors, Carlos & Hayato, have been kiting for a decade and both of us have been teaching at St Kilda longer than any other instructors at this beach (aside from Josh). We both maintain high levels of riding in different disciplines and you will see us pushing our limits on the water.
If you want the best of the best, crème de la crème of instructors, Carlos and Hayato are available upon request.
1.5hrs = $249
2hrs = $379
We are happy to coach you at any point of your progression. Complete beginners to advanced riders who want to learn big air, unhooked tricks, free-riding. Let us know where you’re at and we’ll take it from there.
IMPORTANT – please read:
- All Head Instructor Lessons are 1-on-1 coaching only.
- Equipment is provided upon request with no extra charge.
- The rate of progression varies between individuals. We do not guarantee that you will be able to achieve your requested tricks by the end of the session.
- All sessions are subject to cancellation and may be rescheduled depending on weather conditions for maximum customer satisfaction and safety of our students and coaches.
- Please see Terms and Conditions for Session Cancellation and Rain Check Policy for more detail.