The compact outline concept became one of our favourites back in 2014 when our R&D Team started to develop it. Short in length, the Stubby has a less curved rail line for maximum grip on the wave and through the turns. The much wider nose and tail sections give extra stability, allowing you to ride with less volume and a narrower centre. The surfy rocker line and thin double diamond tail provide fast reactions and flow. For 2017 the Stubby family has grown to four sizes ranging from 7’10” to 8’8”. A high performance board, you’ll appreciate the stability, speed and wave catching abilities, especially when the waves are less than perfect.Straighter, more parallel outline for a cleaner waterline and reduced drag.
- Short and wide »Stubby-Nose«, reduced to the boards effective lengths for maximum stability, reduced swing weight, fast change of direction and easy recovery
- Pulled down thin rails for maximum carving
- Hard release edges in the tail for direct acceleration and a light feel
- Softer rails in the nose for smooth surfing
- Lightly domed deck for maximum stability, blending seamlessly into the thin rails
- Single concave entry, transitioning into a single / double concave mid section through to the tail, enhancing speed and drive
- Bottom, rail shape and the double diamond tail provide ultimate grip allowing for smaller fins
- Quad / Thruster fin setup option with 5 multi boxes
- Precision through CAD design
- Mastfoot insert for windsurfing option
BIAX FIBRE / FULL PVC SANDWICH LIGHT FINISH TECHNOLOGY (BXF / LF)
Biax Glass fibre is a strong and super light layup. Perfectly suited to all our Stubby LTD, ProWave LTD and AllWave LTD models, the Biax weaving is a light and impact resistant material. When combined with a single PVC Sandwich and Wood / Biax heel reinforcements, it guarantees the most efficient construction in terms of weight and performance.