Everyone remembers the first time they stood up on the board.
It’s magical. It’s addicting.You (after this course)
This 6-hour package is structured to get you from 0 to riding the board.
You will have 2h lessons on 3 separate days.
1 person: $739
2 people: $899
Step 1 – Kite Control
In the first 45 minutes to 1 hour, you will learn about the wind, how to set-up the kite and learn important safety procedures on the beach. The rest of the session, you will be learning how to pilot the kite in the water.
Kite control is the bread and butter of kiting. We will spend a lot of time with kite control so that you are safe to advance to Step 2.
Step 2 – Body Drags
In this step you will learn more advanced kite control in the water. You will learn how to let the kite pull you in different directions, how to start creating power and learn an important safety procedure called the “self-rescue”. After this step you should have developed the necessary skills to try and ride the board.
Step 3 – Board Riding
Putting it all together! During this step, you will learn the skills required to stand up on the board and get riding. This step is designed to equip you with all the skills you need to practice on your own and go from riding to ripping!
- 2 people lessons are with 1 instructor and 1 kite between the 2 students for safety reasons. If both of you are in trouble, the instructor can only assist one person at a time, and things can happen very quickly.
- 2 people lessons are perfect for sharing your experience with your friend, family, partner etc. However, this may not be the best option for you if you want to get into the sport fast as you will be sharing one kite between the two of you during lessons (meaning you will be with the kite only half of the time).
- All equipment is provided for all lessons above (we recommend students to bring their own wetsuits if they have one for comfort).
- The above steps are for general guides only.
- The rate of progression varies between individuals. We do not guarantee that all steps will be achieved by the end of the package.
- We offer discounted ongoing lessons for customers who have taken the 6h Package. Please contact us directly.
- All lessons are subject to cancellation and may be rescheduled depending on weather conditions for maximum customer satisfaction and safety of our students and instructors.
- Please see Terms and Conditions for Lesson Cancellation and Rain Check Policy for more detail.
- For those who have finished lessons but are not confident enough to go out by themselves, we offer Supervised Rentals. For details, please see https://www.thezu.com.au/kiteboarding-equipment-rental-hire/